Featured Edmonton Law Firm
Address: 1400 Canadian Western Bank Place
10303 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 3N6
Phone: (780) 421-1818
Edmonton Lawsuits Filed
» Corporate Commercial
» Insolvency & Restructuring
» Personal Estate Services|
» Real Estate
Of the many lawsuits filed in Edmonton yearly, large numbers settle out of court. Common Edmonton lawsuits are:
1. Employment Lawsuits - North American unemployment rates include a certain percentage of Edmonton lawsuits against employers. Lawsuits are most often over wages, hour claims, discrimination and wrongful dismissal.
2. Contract Lawsuits - Edmonton breach of contract lawsuits are filed against companies that do not fulfill contractual obligations. Edmonton companies that do not deliver, do not complete services or do not fulfill documented, signed contracts may find themselves in lawsuits. Lawsuits may be the only way to resolve these legal disputes.
3. Personal Injury Lawsuits - While many frivolous lawsuits occur in this category, there are legitimate personal injury incidents, where Edmonton companies may be at fault. Collecting punitive damages means the plaintiff has to prove negligence, as well as malicious intent.
4. Product Liability / Fault Lawsuits - Liability lawsuits based on products may be due to faulty manufacturing, harmful chemicals, etc.
5. Intellectual Property /Patent Lawsuits - Common Edmonton intellectual property lawsuits involve trade secrets, industrial design rights, patents, copyrights and trademarks. Employees selling business trade secrets to competitors after losing employment and copying proprietary technology with intent to sell are common violations of Intellectual Property / patent laws that result in Edmonton IP / patent lawsuits.